Thursday, December 23, 2010

Congestive Heart Failure Symptoms and Treatmen



         congestive cardiac failure is that condition of the heart where it cannot pump sufficient blood to meet the requirements of the body. This is a kind of cardiac failure or heart failure where the cardiac output is lesser. This is not same as heart attack, cardiac arrest or cardiomyopathy. A person is said to have suffered heart attack when there is a blockage in his or her coronary artery of heart. In cardiac arrest there is absolutely no cardiac output. And cardiomyopathy is the infection in heart muscles though this may lead to heart failure. The most common congestive heart failure symptoms are swollen ankles and legs as well as breathing trouble. This happens due to the fluid accumulation under the skin which results in weight gain also. If diagnosed on time and the patient gets the required treatment, medication with strict improved lifestyle can help him or her recover. But if delayed, surgery, installing device or in severe cases heart transplantation may also require. However, when recovering, you can make a program for congestive heart failure treatment for the patient at home. This program must include low calorie, low cholesterol food, light exercises, regular walking, taking minimal stress and give rest to the body, curtailing caffeine, nicotine and alcohol intake and absolutely no exertion. Taking the medicines on time is very vital for quick recovery. Usually drugs like beta blockers, digitalis, diuretics, vasodilators, and ACE (angiotesin-converting enzyme) inhibitor are prescribed. The latter two drugs are prescribed enlarge the blood vessels for unrestricted flow of blood. Diuretics help body get rid of extra water and salt.
Digitalis is responsible for improving the heart's capacity to pump blood. And beta blockers improve the health of left ventricle and its pumping action. Medications alone can cure the heart failure but often diagnosis becomes so difficult that the entire procedure gets delayed and surgery remains the only option. Coronary bypass surgery and angioplasty are the operations required in such cases. Devices like biventricular pacers and left ventricular assist device are also installed if the need is felt. However, often a miniature artificial pump is installed as a substitution to heart transplantation. Though this is a rare and extreme occurrence, still with development in medical technology, doctors never lose hope. In case of moderate heart failures, proper medical attention can reduce greater risks. For that it is important to diagnose the problem by seeing the congestive heart failure symptoms. To sum up, it can be said that living a healthy life can reduce great dangers pertaining to your heart.
Today everyone is burdened with sumptuous stress. The scope of physical activities has reduced and the trend of surviving on junk and processed frozen food has increased considerably. All these factors accumulate and put excessive stress one your heart. So it is very important to engage in more and more physical activities. Reduce smoking, drinking and junk food. Switch to stairs from lifts. Monitor your blood pressure, sugar and body weight. Make regular visits to the doctor. It is better to be safe than to regret later. With a strict regime you can reduce the possibility of congestive cardiac failure to a large extent.

2 comments:

  1. I am 58 years old, and was diagnosed with heart failure over a year ago. My main symptoms was fatigue, shortness of breath, and a general sense that these symptoms will keep me out of normal life activities, my symptom was not being able to breathe when lying down basically . I’ve kind of resigned to the fact that this is how life will be for me back until I found herbs that stop this CHF easily and relief all the airways. My wife and her caregiver assume I can't be as active, and thus I was excused from normal life responsibilities but natural herbs from totalcureherbalfoundation.blogspot.com really helped a but sometimes I think is God prodigy that I was able to treat my congestive heart failure  but total cure herbs foundation herbal formula has a big impact on my recovery because my heart condition has been fully eliminate. They do things for me, and was too happy to comply with their service. This is a equitable of a way to get of your heart failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up with asthma; I suffered sinus and respiratory infections my entire life. I started smoking at 16. When I was in my early 40s, my asthma was becoming increasingly worse. I was diagnosed with CHF at age 47. I am now 55. I quit smoking four years ago. The disease does not improve. My good days were far, I was scared that I won’t survive it but I was so lucky to receive a herbal products from my step father who bought it while coming from South Africa for Rugby league, this herbal remedies saved me from this disease, at first it helps fight the symptoms of diseases and I was seeing good outcome, I had to use it for 13 weeks just as they Dr was prescribed and I was totally cured of asthma and Congestive heart failure (CHF) ( multivitamincare.org ) do not hesitate to purchase from them they deliver across worldwide also.

    ReplyDelete